Please see below for an important FALL 2020 update about Transportation and Parking as the University community responds to COVID-19.
Office Hours: Please contact The Service Point by phone (609.258.8300), online or by live chat (8:45AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday) for assistance regarding the University’s parking and transportation services. In-person service by advance appointment only.
Faculty and staff permit holders approved to work on campus, may park in the North and West garages as well as any numbered parking lot except Lots 8, 9, 15, and 18 (unless your permit already includes those lot assignments).
Graduate student permit holders living on campus may park in their residential lot, as well as the West Garage or North Garage on Prospect Ave. Commuting Grad permit holders may park in lots 19, 20, or West or North garages.
All faculty and staff virtual permits, previously set to expire on September 30, 2020 have been extended to January 31, 2021. If you do not have an active 2020-2021 virtual permit, please go online to register. Vehicles parked on campus without a permit will be cited. Parking in restricted spaces (stalls marked for medical, handicapped, Facilities vehicles, etc.) is prohibited and violators will be cited.
Revise Your Ride:
Princeton University will continue to provide Revise Your Ride commuter benefits to participants who have been approved to return to campus and are willing and able to resume using their alternative commute as their primary means of getting to campus. If you would like to apply for the RYR program, please click here.
- Mass Transit: All transit participants can submit subsidy request forms and transit receipts through email to TTPS@princeton.edu. Please check your email for the most recent subsidy request form.
- Bus Passes: If you are actively commuting to campus or anticipate needing to by mid-month and have not yet contacted TPS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-258-1339 for information about how to pick up your bus pass.
- Bike/Walk and Carpool/Vanpool: Please inform TPS via email (email@example.com) when you resume your alternative commute to campus.
As the public health response continues to evolve, TPS may update RYR participants directly regarding any changes to the above benefits.
TigerTransit: Please remember, all passengers must wear a face covering (unless unable for medical reasons) when using TigerTransit and board from the rear of the bus.
**NEW** Fall 2020 bus service in effect August 31, 2020.
- Route 1: Grad College to Lot 21 via Equad | 8AM-9PM (Lot 21 to Equad only from 5AM-8AM), bus every 30 minutes
- Route 2: Lawrence/Lakeside | 8AM-9PM, bus every 30 minutes; peak service 9AM – 11AM and 4PM – 6PM, bus every 15 minutes
- Route 3: Merwick/Equad to Forrestal/PPPL | 7:30AM-7:30PM, bus every 40-60 minutes
- Route 4: Princeton Junction to Equad via Campus Visitor Parking | 5AM-9PM, Princeton Junction Service from 8AM-6PM, bus every 30 minutes
- Route W-S: Weekend Shopper | 9AM-5PM Saturday and 11AM-5PM Sunday, every 40 minutes
- On-Demand: 9PM-1AM every night, Princeton ID required, rides requested through TransLoc app
Please see the TigerTransit page for route-specific information.
Carshare: Enterprise has indefinitely suspended carshare service on Princeton's campus.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car vehicles are available to rent near campus at the Princeton location for daily rates. Enterprise is offering a discount existing Enterprise Carshare members and allowing college students between 18-24 years to rent vehicles (please click for more information).
Bikeshare: Due to current public health guidelines, hourly bike rentals at Princeton University are currently unavailable. Longer-term bike rentals are expected to be available starting in early October through the Princeton Bike Library pilot. TPS will publish information regarding this new program when bikes are available for rental.
Our team appreciates your patience and understanding in the face of this rapidly changing situation. We will continue to provide up-to-date information regarding Transportation and Parking Services here and encourage you to follow the University’s COVID-19 website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 609.258.8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.