Citations, Appeals, and Fees
Need to pay an outstanding parking ticket, or wish to appeal a citation you received? You can do both online. Click the appropriate link below for more information.
Forget to register a new or loaner vehicle? Forget to renew your permit this year? It’s okay, it happens. If you have a valid permit and forgot to register one of your vehicles or renew your permit and received a citation, follow these steps to resolve the citation:
- 1st offense– Email TTPS at firstname.lastname@example.org with the citation number and a note that you have registered your new vehicle or renewed your permit, and we will reduce the ticket to a warning at no fee.
- 2nd offense– Email TTPS at email@example.com with the citation number and a note that you have registered your new vehicle or renewed your permit, and we will reduce the ticket to a $10.00 fine.
- 3rd offense– Citation stands as issued and cannot be appealed.
- Click here to pay online with credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or Student Account. If you are a not affiliated with the University and have not previously registered for a guest account, you will need to create an account to pay your citation.
- By mail with check or money order payable to Princeton University. Must be postmarked within 10 days of the date the citation was issued to avoid a late fee. Send to Transportation & Parking Services.
- Late payment penalty of $10 will be charged if payment is received after 10 days from citation issuance. Students who do not pay parking fines within 10 days will have the amount automatically charged to the student's account.
Appeals submitted for the reasons listed below will not be considered:
- Unauthorized parking in a handicapped or medical space
- Displaying an altered, forged, stolen, lost, or unauthorized permit
- Repeat violations that have been previously appealed
- Boots or tows cannot be appealed
TO SUBMIT AN APPEAL:
- Sign in (or create an account) to complete the online appeals form within 10 days of the citation issue date
- If the appeals committee denies an appeal, appellants must pay all outstanding fees within 10 days in order to avoid a $10 late fee
- All appeals are reviewed by committee and decisions are final
|Nightly Guest Fee (Sunday – Thursday)||$5|
|Replacement for lost/stolen/damaged physical hangtag/placard||$30|
|Additional transponder / transponder holder||$50/$10|
|Replacement for lost transponder||$100|
|Daily Storage Fee for Towed Vehicles (Fees start 48 hours after tow if vehicle is not claimed. If no claim is made within 15 days, vehicles will be processed as abandoned and removed from campus.)||$25|
|Additional vehicle registration for graduate students||$350|
|Annual Princeton Station (Dinky) Commuter Parking||$480|
September-June Princeton Station Commuter Bike Storage (prorated monthly)
|Unauthorized Parking (includes: Failure to obey signs/markings; blocking roadway; parking in unmarked areas)||$40|
|No Parking Permit/Vehicle Not Registered||$50|
|Repeat Offender (Any individual/vehicle on file with three or more citations)||
|Booting (Vehicle immobilized)||$100|
|Marked Fire Lane||$150|
|Alteration of University hangtag||$200|
|Display of lost/stolen hangtag||$200|
|Handicapped space without State certification||$250|