Citations & Appeals
Need to pay an outstanding parking ticket, or wish to appeal a citation you received? You can do both online. Click the appropriate link below for more information.
Forget to put your hangtag up one morning? Forget to renew your permit this year? It’s okay, it happens. If you have a valid permit and forgot to display it or renew it on time and received a citation, follow these steps to resolve the citation:
- 1st offense– Bring the citation to TPS with your valid hangtag or pick up your new hangtag and we’ll reduce the citation to a warning.
- 2nd offense– Bring the citation to TPS with your valid hangtag or pick up your new hangtag and we’ll reduce the citation to a $10.00 fine.
- 3rd offense– Citation stands as issued and cannot be appealed.
- Click here to pay online with credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or Student Account - If you are a not affiliated with the University and have not previously registered for a guest account, please click here
- By mail with check or money order payable to Princeton University. Must be postmarked within 10 days of the date the citation was issued to avoid a late fee. Send to Transportation & Parking Services.
- In person at Transportation & Parking Services during normal business hours with cash, check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or Student Account.
- Late payment penalty of $10 will be charged if payment is received after 10 days from citation issuance. Students who do not pay parking fines within 10 days will have the amount automatically charged to the student's account.
To appeal a citation:
- Download the citations appeal form in PDF format and complete the form.
- Either fax the completed form to (609) 258-7655 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed form attached. You may also drop off the form in person to the Transportation & Parking Office.
- Appeals MUST be submitted within 10 days of the citation issue date.
After the citation is issued, there is a 10 day period to file an appeal. At the end of the 10 day period, if payment or an appeal has not been received, the fine will be automatically charged a late fee of $10. All fees must be paid no later than 10 days after receipt of notice of the appeal decision to avoid late penalties. All Appeal Committee decisions are final.
|Nightly Guest Fee (Sunday – Thursday)||$5|
|Replacement for lost/stolen/damaged hangtag||$30|
|Additional transponder / transponder holder||$50/$10|
|Replacement for lost transponder||$100|
|Daily Storage Fee for Towed Vehicles (Fees start 48 hours after tow if vehicle is not claimed. If no claim is made within 15 days, vehicles will be processed as abandoned and removed from campus.)||$25|
|Additional vehicle registration for graduate students||$300|
|Annual Princeton Station (Dinky) Commuter Parking||$450|
Monthly Princeton Station Commuter Bike Storage
|Unauthorized Parking (includes: Failure to obey signs/markings; blocking roadway; parking in unmarked areas)||$40|
|No Parking Permit/No Hangtag/Hangtag Improperly Displayed||$50|
|Repeat Offender (Any individual/vehicle on file with three or more citations)||
|Booting (Vehicle immobilized)||$100|
|Marked Fire Lane||$150|
|Alteration of University Hangtag/Decal||$200|
|Display of lost/stolen hangtag||$200|
|Handicapped space without State certification||$250|