Citations & Appeals
Need to pay an outstanding parking ticket, or wish to appeal a citation you received? You can do both online. Click the appropriate link below for more information.
Forget to put your hangtag up one morning? Forget to renew your permit this year? It’s okay, it happens. If you have a valid permit and forgot to display it or renew it on time and received a citation, follow these steps to resolve the citation:
- 1st offense– Bring the citation to TPS with your valid hangtag or pick up your new hangtag and we’ll reduce the citation to a warning.
- 2nd offense– Bring the citation to TPS with your valid hangtag or pick up your new hangtag and we’ll reduce the citation to a $10.00 fine.
- 3rd offense– Citation stands as issued and cannot be appealed.
- Click here to pay online with credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or Student Account. If you are a not affiliated with the University and have not previously registered for a guest account, you will need to create an account to pay your citation.
- By mail with check or money order payable to Princeton University. Must be postmarked within 10 days of the date the citation was issued to avoid a late fee. Send to Transportation & Parking Services.
- In person at Transportation & Parking Services during normal business hours with cash, check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or Student Account.
- Late payment penalty of $10 will be charged if payment is received after 10 days from citation issuance. Students who do not pay parking fines within 10 days will have the amount automatically charged to the student's account.
Appeals submitted for the reasons listed below will not be considered:
- Unauthorized parking in a handicapped or medical space
- Displaying an altered, forged, stolen, lost, or unauthorized permit
- Repeat violations that have been previously appealed
- Boots or tows cannot be appealed
TO SUBMIT AN APPEAL:
Appeals must be submitted within 10 days of the citation issue date.
- Complete the online appeals form; or
- Download a PDF form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (609) 258-7655. You may also drop off the form in person to the Transportation & Parking Office at New South.
After receiving notice of the appeal decision, appellants must pay all outstanding fees within 10 days in order to avoid a $10 late fee. All appeals are reviewed by committee and decisions are final.
|Nightly Guest Fee (Sunday – Thursday)||$5|
|Replacement for lost/stolen/damaged hangtag||$30|
|Additional transponder / transponder holder||$50/$10|
|Replacement for lost transponder||$100|
|Daily Storage Fee for Towed Vehicles (Fees start 48 hours after tow if vehicle is not claimed. If no claim is made within 15 days, vehicles will be processed as abandoned and removed from campus.)||$25|
|Additional vehicle registration for graduate students||$350|
|Annual Princeton Station (Dinky) Commuter Parking||$450|
Monthly Princeton Station Commuter Bike Storage
|Unauthorized Parking (includes: Failure to obey signs/markings; blocking roadway; parking in unmarked areas)||$40|
|No Parking Permit/No Hangtag/Hangtag Improperly Displayed||$50|
|Repeat Offender (Any individual/vehicle on file with three or more citations)||
|Booting (Vehicle immobilized)||$100|
|Marked Fire Lane||$150|
|Alteration of University Hangtag/Decal||$200|
|Display of lost/stolen hangtag||$200|
|Handicapped space without State certification||$250|