Princeton University’s TigerTransit shuttle system operates on a fixed route schedule, providing safe, convenient and reliable transportation throughout the Princeton campus and surrounding community. There are TigerTransit stops located at most major academic and administrative buildings, commuter parking lots, and housing facilities. The system is free and open to the public, except for late-night on-demand service and service from Princeton Junction, when passengers must present a valid University ID to board.
Shuttle operations will be limited or suspended during University holidays and, rarely, during severe weather events. Check the TPS homepage for announcements regarding any major disruption to scheduled service.
TigerTransit routes and timetables are subject to change throughout the year. Check the TPS homepage and Twitter feed for news about changes.
Plan your trip by tracking the real-time arrival of your bus with Tiger Tracker right from your desktop. Download Tiger Tracker by TransLoc (simply search TransLoc in the app store) to your Android or iOS device for real-time bus arrival info on the go!
Subscribe to TigerTransit Email Alerts and be the first to know about service changes or disruptions.
2019 Summer Routes and Schedules take effect May 28 - September 6
Click on image below to download summer schedule, and click onto individual routes for route-specific timetables.
2018-2019 Academic Year Transit Schedules (in effect from September 10, 2018 - May 26, 2019)
**On-Demand Service resumes September 16, 2018**
On-Demand Bus Service | Every Night, 10pm - 3:00am | Call 609.258.RIDE (7433) / UMatter Bus (Thursday - Saturday, 12:30am - 3:00 am) | On-Demand Bus Service is available seven days per week during the academic year, excluding holidays. Provides service to all campus academic and residential buildings. Riders can now request On-demand service right from the TransLoc Rider app during On-demand hours.
UMatter Bus (Thursday–Saturday, 12:30 am–3:00 am) The UMatter Bus provides students with a safe interpersonal environment and convenient ride home from Prospect Avenue to all undergraduate on-campus residences every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 12:30 am to 3 am. The Bus picks up passengers outside the Carl Fields Center and at the Fisher Hall stop; students can also flag the bus between these stops on Prospect Avenue. For more information about UMatter, visit umatter.princeton.edu.
Click here to request an On-Demand ride through the website OR initiate and track a ride request from the TransLoc app:
- Click on the blue icon in the lower left hand corner of the map.
- First time users will be asked to set up an account by providing an email address and creating a password.
- Select Princeton University.
- Select your pickup location from the map, a specific location within the TT region, or from the drop down-menu of your previous trips.
- Select your drop-off location from the map, a specific location within the TT region, or from the drop-down menu.
- Select the number of passengers.
- Click "Confirm your trip."
- Wait at the pickup location for your bus to arrive.
The TigerTransit fleet is comprised of new 30’ low-floor, fully accessible buses that run on B20 biodiesel fuel. The buses are clearly identified as Princeton University TigerTransit buses with the following specifications and features:
• Passenger Capacity: 33 seated, 15 standing
• Wheelchair Capacity: 2
• Accessibility Features: Flip-out ramp; Low floor kneeling
• Bicycle Rack: Front load rack, holds up to 2 bikes
• Tracking: Web-based GPS real-time tracking (TigerTracker)