Princeton University’s TigerTransit shuttle system operates on a fixed route schedule, providing safe, convenient and reliable transportation throughout the Princeton campus and surrounding community. There are TigerTransit stops located at most major academic and administrative buildings and housing facilities, and the system is free and open to the public.
- In effect from May 29 - Sept. 7, 2018
- Click on individual routes in Summer Schedule PDF for timetables
The University community can request On-Demand service right from the TransLoc app during On-Demand hours, 10pm-3am while school is in session during the fall and spring semesters. After creating an account, users can select a pick-up and drop-off location (based on their current location, or from a drop-down menu) and an On-Demand bus will be dispatched. The app provides notifications confirming receipt of the request and also when the bus has arrived at the pick-up location.
Click here to request an On-Demand ride through the website OR initiate and track a ride request from the TransLoc app:
- Click on the blue icon in the lower left hand corner of the map.
- First time users will be asked to set up an account by providing an email address and creating a password.
- Select Princeton University.
- Select your pickup location from the map, a specific location within the TT region, or from the drop down-menu of your previous trips.
- Select your drop-off location from the map, a specific location within the TT region, or from the drop-down menu.
- Select the number of passengers.
- Click "Confirm your trip."
- Wait at the pickup location for your bus to arrive.
The TigerTransit fleet is comprised of new 30’ low-floor, fully accessible buses that run on B20 biodiesel fuel. The buses are clearly identified as Princeton University TigerTransit buses with the following specifications and features:
• Passenger Capacity: 33 seated, 15 standing
• Wheelchair Capacity: 2
• Accessibility Features: Flip-out ramp; Low floor kneeling
• Bicycle Rack: Front load rack, holds up to 2 bikes
• Tracking: Web-based GPS real-time tracking (TigerTracker)